26 Oct 2016

The LA sunset

I stayed in an Airbnb near Culver City, not far from Venice Beach. I would stay there again if I ever return to LA. The small room was as described, the house was very clean and tidy and the hosts were nice. They helped me carry my luggage up and down the stairs.

I couldn't handle the heat on the first couple of days. It was the hottest place I've ever been to. But I rested well and thanks to my jetlag remedies, I was able to have a long productive day.
My jetlag remedies are natural jetlag pills from the pharmacy, that special water they sell at the airport and peppermint essential oils. I kid you not, I didn't get jet lag at all for the entire three weeks! My cousin says it's placebo but he flew three hours without anything and was jet lagged. Point proven.

In the morning, using my newly acquired Tap card, I took the metro train to downtown LA. I bought a ticket to the OUE Skyspace in the US Bank Tower, the tallest building in LA. It is an open air observatory deck on the 70th floor, boasting spectacular views of the city and a glass slide one floor high.
I got the Sun & Stars ticket that granted me entry twice in 24 hours. So I came back for the sunset and the city lights. Unfortunately no tripods were allowed and the 2m glass ballustrade reflected light from behind, so my photos weren't as great as expected.
My thoughts: skip the Skyspace, go to The Getty Centre and Griffiths Observatory for the views instead; they're free.
There were more people there in the evening, taking OOTDs with the billion lights in the background. The photographer in me turned trigger happy. The place would be a great evening cocktail party venue.
The city lights are inspiring and romantic. They narrated a story of their own. 
I tell you though, LA sunsets are beautiful.
Not just that night, but for the 13 nights I was there, the sky was kissed with orange, dipped in tropical hues. And for 20 minutes, between the skyscrapers, the light was ethereal. 


Signed,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

what are your thoughts on this post?